Sunday, January 10, 2010

Next meeting

Hello Everyone:

I am still on my TWLC high and I predict you all are too. I am looking forward to our next meeting to debrief with all of you. I've had some "mini debriefs" and / or "gushes" already with some of you.

If you'd like, and in preparation for our time together, it may be helpful to jot down any ideas, reactions, next steps, and the like related to our TWLC experience over the course of the next week and a half.

Also, Lisa suggested that we send thank you notes to all of the participants. We could sign them at our next meeting. I think some type of follow-up and acknowledgement is a great idea. Thoughts?

Our next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, January 21, 2010 beginning at 7:00 pm. Please note the time change.

It has been both a personal honor and exceptional professional experience to be a part of this with all of you. I look forward to our future endeavors.

Rosemary

2 comments:

Ryan Pearson said...

First off, thank you Rosemary for all your hard work!

I think the idea of a thank-you note that also explains what we are immediately doing as follow-up is a phenomenal idea! One of the things I heard loudly on Saturday is that we must show action and small successes quickly to keep the momentum we have going.

Last but certainly not least, thank you everyone for all your hard work and dedication to this effort over the last year or so.

LAB said...

Thank you to all the TWLC steering committee and to Carol for making that first step of many a reality; and for keeping the commitment to following this through. What a grand day it was!

I've been reading through 'The World Cafe: Living Knowledge through Conversations that Matter' and have found there are so many wonderful outcome stories described that have transformative successes of the World Cafe. We have so much to look forward to! One story that made me LOL was on the lower half of p230 - the group has 'Boing' moments when a new insight came up. Sounds familiar?

Personally, it was a profound experience for me. I am really looking forward to our debriefing next week.
~Lisa